Tag Archives: Protest

Update: Apr 23, SCUSD meeting || Thank you for YOUR support || Photos

Thank you to all the parents and students who came to the SCUSD Meeting last week! You DID make a difference!

Some photos on the MSA-SC PTO Facebook page: Click HERE . And if you haven’t done so already, please  ‘LIKE’  the Facebook page while you’re there.

The principal, Mr. Ak’s update on the SCUSD Board Meeting and its decision:

“Dear MSA Santa Clara Parents and Students,

Last night the Santa Clara Unified School District Board of Trustees voted to not extend our lease at our current campus for the upcoming school year. While we are disappointed in the board’s decision, I would like to assure you that we are committed to remaining open, and we are actively exploring alternative campuses that meet our educational needs for next year.
The district’s board approved a motion that directs the district’s superintendent and staff to work with us to find an alternate site on a district campus. We plan on meeting with the district as soon as possible to explore this option.
Additionally, we are currently engaging in negotiations for a temporary campus that is not on district grounds, and which would serve us in the upcoming school year. As we explore both of these options, we plan to dedicate our time and resources to make sure that we choose a campus that best serves our community, as we continue to provide a rigorous, STEM-focused education to our students.
We will keep you posted on our efforts to secure a campus, and I am confident our high-quality program will continue uninterrupted in the coming years.
I would like to personally thank our parents, students, teachers and staff for their ongoing support and efforts to secure a campus for next year. I am so proud to call MSA Santa Clara my home and look forward to graduating our very first class next year.
Warmest regards,
Yilmaz Ak


IMP: MSA-SC is on the SCUSD meeting agenda this Thursday, April 23! We need YOU to be present to show your support

Hello Magnolians,

MSA-SC is finally officially on the agenda this Thursday, April 23rd at 6:30 pm.

We, the Magnolian community, current and future students, need YOU to be there to show your support for the requested one year school lease extension at the current facility.

In the end, it’s as simple as that- just SHOW UP!

Thank you!

SOS_Save Our School

SOS_Save Our School

MSASC students and parents  unitedly wait at a board meeting

MSASC students and parents unitedly wait at a board meeting

REMINDER: Save Our School Rally, tomorrow, 3:15 pm + SCCOE Board meeting at 5 pm

We need your support, school community members and others concerned with more, not less, educational choices for children. Please stand with us as the parents, students and staff battle together to enable nearly 500 middle and high school MSA-SC students attend their school next academic year. A Save Our School Rally will be held TOMORROW to request extension of the current school for another academic year. At the moment, Santa Clara Unified School District (SCUSD) would like MSA-SC to leave the school facilities which would then be vacant for a year, wherein  not only will SCUSD  lose nearly half a million dollars in rental income, but also leave the current MSA-SC students struggling to find another school with high quality education!

The direction in which education starts a man will determine his future in life.” – Plato

Working together, we can change the lives of ~500 students positively!

What: Save Our School Rally

When: March 4th, 2015, at 3:15 pm

Where: MSA-SC, 2720 Sonoma Place, Santa Clara, CA, 95051 (Google Maps)

Subsequent to the Save Our School Rally at the school, please attend the Santa Clara County Office of Education (SCCOE) meeting at 5 pm TOMORROW to urge the SCCOE to reconsider allowing deliberation on the alternative charter (STEM Academy) petition before March 15 so as to allow the Request for Facilities under Prop 39 to meet the March 15 deadline. Considering the petition after March 15 (the current date is March 18) will negate the charter’s Facilities petition deadline under Prop 39, not allow the school to open for academic year 2015- 16 and negatively impact close to 500 students.


Kids count!

Kids count!

Education is all a matter of building bridges.” – Ralph Ellison

Again, we look forward to your support! Let’s go and build some bridges; let the children come first as we (staff and parents and MSASCPTO) work together with SCCOE and SCUSD.

SOS_Save Our School

SOS_Save Our School


TODAY: Save Our School (SOS) PROTEST at 2 pm

What: Save Our School (SOS) PROTEST
Where: Outside the school
When: At the time you pick-up your child, TODAY Friday, Feb. 27 at 2 pm.

Please put aside some of your time to speak up for your child and your school by participating in the Protest. On the school premises, at pick-up time, it is super convenient, too.

Also, take a minute in the morning to call Darcie Green, Board President, County Office of Education at (408) 453-6540 or email her (darcie_green@sccoe.org) to politely request her to add our Facilities Request to the Board Agenda for the March 4th meeting. Deadline to add an item to the agenda for the March 4th meeting is TODAY Friday Feb. 27 by 5 pm. If the date can not get changed from the Mar 18 to the March 4th meeting, we are in the position of losing the Request for Facilities i.e the School premises. Together, let’s make the Date change happen!

“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world”, said Nelson Mandela and here we have the opportunity to change our children’s lives and futures. So, let’s step up to the plate and make that change!

Thank you in anticipation,

Info from Mr. Ak:

Dear Parents,
The county board has scheduled the decision for the STEM Academy charter petition for March 18th. As you are aware, along with the charter petition, we have applied for Prop 39 facilities, and unless we have a our charter approved by March 15, we will not qualify for facilities. Thus, a decision on the petition rendered after March 15th will make it impossible to open the STEM Academy for the 2015-16 school year.
I have asked the county board and staff to reschedule the decision for their March 4th meeting but have not received any positive response yet.
The agenda has to be posted by 5 pm Friday, so you may want to contact the board president and ask her to reconsider the agenda for next weeks meeting.
Her contact information is below:
Darcie Green
Phone / Fax
(408) 453-6540 / (408) 453-6601
Email address

Attached is the letter I sent to county board members and staff:
County Letter

Yilmaz Ak
Lead Petitioner

Kids Count- Save Our School!

Kids Count- Save Our School!